PARC Minutes for Feb 3, 2009
- Meeting called to order by Pres. Gene Shaner, KD5FSJ at 7:00 p.m.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Minutes were approved for the Jan meeting. Motion by Roger, K5MOW, 2nd by John W5AKE
- TREASURER'S REPORT read by Jimmy Turner, Motion by Ann W5TLB, 2nd by David W5QDF
- Check delivered to the HAMS club at their annual meeting on Jan 28, 2009 HAMS @ Alvin library 7 p.m.
Activity Committee - Rick KE5ORA
- Bingo/pot luck dinner in the summer - supported with 12 votes
- Picnic - Do rocket launch w/fox hunt to find rocket - supportedc
- Put Ad in paper promoting Field Day, also advertise @ Walmart - supported
- Get guest speakers w/presentations, EX: Collins - Bob can give slideshow
- Feb 18, 6:30 @ Angleton Court House
- ORANGE Hamfest Feb. 28
- BVARC Hamfest March 7
- IRVING Hamfest March 14
- RAYNE LA Hamfest - March 13-15
- BELTON hamfest is April 18
- Great Escape Bike Ride support, Sunday, March 15- Bob K5HLZ ride coordinator
- MS-150 Bike Ride Support April 17-18 - Ric Broussard Command Post coordinator
- Field Day 6/27,28 Toni KE5ONI found VFW in Pearland for $150 for
two days. We have access to the kitchen adn the private part of the building
will be locked from us. Only question is the coax route into the building?
- Ric N5KJN announced that the CERT group took a crash course and 18 passed!
That is 18 new hams from the Pearland CERT Group.
FEBRUARY Birthdays - Toni KE5ONI
Stress and Distress
- Gene - Mom had 2 tumors removed, both benign.
OUR MILITARY FAMILY
- Rick KE5ORA son-in-law is HOME!!
- 50/50 Raffle - Jimmyt won K5JTJ, donated the money back to the club $33.
- Meet and Eat for March 3 meeting - KELLEY'S
- Motion to adjourn by Bob K5HLZ, 2nd by John W5AKE - 7:45 p.m.