ATTENTION!! November 2017 meeting will be on Thursday, November 9 ! ! ! !
Check-out the club's Calendar updated 5/2/2017
P.O. Box 2654, Pearland, TX 77588
Sunday evenings at 9:00 p.m. CT
147.220 Repeater (PL 167.9)
Individual Membership: $20.00 / year
Family Membership: $21.00 / year
PARC is affiliated with the American Radio Relay League (ARRL)
and is registered with the Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES).
PARC was established to:
- Provide life-saving emergency communication support to the City of Pearland, Texas, and surrounding areas, during a natural disaster or other emergency.
- Actively contribute to the advancement of the radio art.
- Encourage and improve the amateur service by advancing skills in both the communications and technical phases of the art.
- Expand the existing reservoir of trained amateur radio operators, techincians, and electronics experts.
- Enhance local and international goodwill.
- A portion of our membership serves on the Pearland Community Emergency Response Team (CERT); a professionally-trained citizen's group that provides first aid, search and rescue expertise, and disaster relief during the immediate aftermath of a disaster.
- In addition, some of our members directly support the Homeland Preparedness Project (HPP); a group of trained citizens who work with county and local emergency management agencies to promote emergency preparedness and enhance our community's ability to respond to all hazards. The Brazoria County Medical Reserve Corp's Public Health Preparedness Team, which provides preventive medications to residents of Brazoria County in the event of a major public health emergency, is a sub-group of the HPP project and is supported by our members.